Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Do you like my suggestion
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Like it
80.00%
8 80.00%
Like some parts
10.00%
1 10.00%
Hate it
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Contracts
Thread Modes
I personally feel like some kind of system to allow players to set up contracts/jobs could be nice, this would mostly be for robbers that don't want more permanent party members but want a little extra help, or people who work (almost) alone, here's a few ideas for what I have in mind

1: Getaway
Objective: Ensure somebody loses their wanted level (once that's implemented) (otherwise just have it be to get them to a target location such as robber spawn)
Failure conditions: Subject being arrested or killed
Notes: Possibly able to be set up in a way that it's only active after a robbery starts or ends

2: Bodyguard/Guardian Angel
Objective: Ensure somebody survives for a certain amount of time without them ending up in jail
Notes: None

3: Jailbreak
Objective: Ensure somebody makes it out of jail to either a custom destination or robber spawn
Notes: Could also be made so that they have to lose their wanted level

4: Assassination
Objective: Eliminate a target cop
Failure conditions: Death of robber who set bounty, Target not dying during time limit
Notes: The target would be warned of the fact that they're being hunted and the bounty on their head would be given to them if they either A:Kill the robber that set the bounty (possibly just have the robber die) or B: Wait out a time limit. This bounty would probably be claimed by whoever kills them as opposed to a specific person that was sent to kill them.

EDIT: I would also make it so that getaway could be used for up to 3 people, and that the pay would go down by 1/3 if one of those people was taken out, with 1/3 of the insurance being granted to the person who put out the contract

With the exception of assassination, I would also implement an insurance system for these contracts, so that if the merc fails you would be compensated, adding some risk to the work. However whoever they're set to protect is teamkilled or suicides it would be considered an automatic success, I feel that this could significantly deepen the game though it would be a bit unbalanced towards robbers unless some cop equivalents are thought of.

I like the idea, but it might be too RP like for this server.
[Image: AiggwAa.jpg]

(08-17-2016, 06:19 PM)Gamer Alex (AlexKVideos1) Wrote: I like the idea, but it might be too RP like for this server.

I think it isn't too RP like.

I especially like #4, because we already have (I believe approved) suggestion about police "notoriety."

It will work well with the callouts system

+support
[Image: LoZh6h0.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Goigle's post:
  AlexKVideos1, shrimpboom8, Xynox

My only problem is with the hitman one. Now being the first person to sit in robber basement hiring out for hits i can tell you that it can take a LONG time to find your contract. if they are warned of that someone is coming for them they will hide in the PD's court and go AFK until the hit was gone. I also dont like that when the contract placer died or left the hit was removed cause many different things could happen to screw it up.
Bubbanator Te Kewlest of tem all. Cool "I like bubba's much better." - Goigle 2017.
[Image: xiVBACt.png]

(08-18-2016, 12:30 AM)Bubbanator Wrote: My only problem is with the hitman one. Now being the first person to sit in robber basement hiring out for hits i can tell you that it can take a LONG time to find your contract. if they are warned of that someone is coming for them they will hide in the PD's court and go AFK until the hit was gone. I also dont like that when the contract placer died or left the hit was removed cause many different things could happen to screw it up.

I was unsure about that one myself

Ok so I thought of a new way assassinations could work, basically (when police notoriety is implemented) you could add to an existing bounty from either team (maybe getting rid of the bounty being cancelled from death), so if somebody's at level 5 and being really annoying you could add MORE money to the kill reward, I was also thinking of having it sort of like RDR where you get half as much money for killing them as you do for bringing them in alive, however that will only work once tranqs are a thing (e.g. A cop sets an additional $100 bounty on a robber, if they're brought in alive the person who arrested them gets the full $100+arrest reward but if the robber dies the killer gets $50+kill reward and whoever set the bounty gets their $50 back) It could also be that on robbers in order to get the bounty for bringing somebody in alive you have to bring them to a custom location (prob set by doing a command or simply being there when you set the bounty) in the case of teamkilling/suicide I'd say they'd both refund the money to the person who set the bounty.

Approved
[Image: LoZh6h0.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Goigle's post:
  Brock