Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Like the idea of this form of team balance?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
3 75.00%
No
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Underdog bonus/different kind of team balance
Thread Modes
Alright, I have a suggestion for a different way to help balance out the teams without team caps, the idea is a system in which you get money based on the amount of people on the other team compared to yours, getting bonus money for being an "underdog" and successfully doing stuff with more people on the other team than your own, with a penalty for doing stuff with more people on your team than the other. This would probably only kick in at serious imbalances such as 2:1 or maybe 1.5:1 so that there's still a bit of leeway before you start being penalized.

What's bad with team caps?

Counter Strike, Battlefield and most other games use it and it works just fine

so like if we have 6 cops and 5 robbers the cops get penalized? I dont think thats very fair.
Bubbanator Te Kewlest of tem all. Cool "I like bubba's much better." - Goigle 2017.
[Image: xiVBACt.png]

(11-15-2016, 11:54 PM)Bubbanator Wrote: so like if we have 6 cops and 5 robbers the cops get penalized? I dont think thats very fair.

(11-15-2016, 10:55 PM)shrimpboom8 Wrote: This would probably only kick in at serious imbalances such as 2:1 or maybe 1.5:1 so that there's still a bit of leeway before you start being penalized.
[Image: XGhjk3e.png]
The following 1 user Likes Communist Doggo's post:
  Goigle

(11-15-2016, 11:20 PM)Nadav Wrote: What's bad with team caps?

Counter Strike, Battlefield and most other games use it and it works just fine

In CnR teams themselves are divided up into separate parties that tend not to help each other too much as there's really no benefit to helping somebody that isn't in your party unless you get the kills/do the robberies, at which point the person you're "helping" isn't getting anything. People that party up also tend to know each-other, so being able to set up a party with some team imbalance can be worth it. Also, it would help people that aren't very good on specific teams (For example, I've had to play cops so much due to balance issues I suck at robbers.) get a bit more money to balance things out. After all, robbers tend to have a pretty large advantage cash wise if there aren't enough cops to respond, and robbers (though I personally find cop majority to be fairly fun with robbers actually having to work together, lest they die to the party van) tend to be disadvantaged majorly with almost every cop on the server responding to each robbery, annihilating anyone but the best heisters.