Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: President Donald Trump
Thread Modes
Gee
[Image: sGSI3XC.png]

(02-29-2020, 05:35 PM)The_Liquor Wrote: How old are you?
perhaps
[Image: IKaNIjG.gif]

I believe you should be required to have paid taxes for 5 years to be allowed to vote.

(03-02-2020, 02:17 PM)The_Liquor Wrote: I believe you should be required to have paid taxes for 5 years to be allowed to vote.
interesting perspective, and I can see where you're coming from. Why the 5 year requirement though, I feel like if you're paying taxes at all - you should have a say in where your taxes go.

(03-02-2020, 06:20 PM)Quindle Wrote: interesting perspective, and I can see where you're coming from. Why the 5 year requirement though, I feel like if you're paying taxes at all - you should have a say in where your taxes go.

To go through the "taxation without representation thing" and learn the associated frustration of over tax dollars going to stupid shit like transitions of "veterans" and research into sexual relations of frogs.

(03-02-2020, 06:33 PM)The_Liquor Wrote: To go through the "taxation without representation thing" and learn the associated frustration of over tax dollars going to stupid shit like transitions of "veterans" and research into sexual relations of frogs.
But why the 5 year wait? 

It's simple:

You pay tax, you can vote. 

even so i tend to lean on the cautious side when discussing voting restrictions in general.