Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Add vote to kick?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
+support
71.43%
10 71.43%
-support
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Vote to kick
Thread Modes
So many of the issues being brought up can be avoided with my suggestion...
[Image: 0EiygsH.png]

if we do this can we make it so players can still kick when a admin is undercover and then when they reveal there name they will not be able to kick anymore
[Image: sGSI3XC.png]

(05-17-2017, 09:01 PM)Gamer Alex (AlexKVideos1) Wrote: Wasn't the whole reason this system was suggested was to stop rule breakers, but you just said it's fine if they want someone gone. What you just implied is that it is okay for players to kick ANYONE no matter what the reason is. People could join up, and kick someone they don't like, or kick someone who isn't even breaking the rules. If that is the case, now the people can kick who ever they like, but the staff can only kick rule breakers. Double standards.

It's the best solution I've seen to solving the massive rulebreak sprees when staff aren't on. Players come here to play, why should we create a laundry list of rules for such a simple mechanic such as votekick (which has worked fine for decades on many games and servers)?

As for double standards, that's just silly. Staff are given power to enforce certain rules, not to kick players they do not like. Players should not be held to the same standards as staff (we don't train them, we don't whitelist them). Typically speaking, if the majority of players on the server want someone gone there is a good reason. I could see it as being double standards if they were allowed to votekick while you were on the server, but they wouldn't be able to.

We also have no idea if this would be abused. I have never seen votekicks in other games abused (maybe 1 false kick, but not repeated false kicks) so there is no way of saying a votekick on our server is guaranteed to be abused. People could join and kick whoever they like, but they would have to be 65% of the server and there would have to be no staff on (which would be very rare). I could also make it so there is a minimum player count (I would say 15) to prevent people from taking over the server when it is low population.

At the end of the day, I see most of these concerns as doomsaying. I think giving players this tool would greatly benefit them when there is a spawn camper and no staff on (which can be the majority of the day on some days) and while there is potential for abuse it would only be abused in rare cases. Even if it does get rampantly abused, it is literally a box we can tick on and off so there is no harm in trying it. If it becomes a problem then I could simply untick the box.
[Image: LoZh6h0.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Goigle's post:
  Bubbanator, Communist Doggo

+support, as long as its donator only so it's not abused.
[Image: 0xCgiNd.png][Image: 5573254287.png]

(05-17-2017, 10:22 PM)Wildclone Wrote: +support, as long as its donator only so it's not abused.

No, if it is to be added it should not be donator only, why do you think they wouldn't abuse it? You say it like donators don't also cause trouble, trust me, they do. If this were to be released only having donators have access to it would be very dumb it needs to be a combination of the player community, not just a few "upper privileged" people.
Bubbanator Te Kewlest of tem all. Cool "I like bubba's much better." - Goigle 2017.
[Image: xiVBACt.png]

(05-18-2017, 01:41 PM)Bubbanator Wrote: No, if it is to be added it should not be donator only, why do you think they wouldn't abuse it? You say it like donators don't also cause trouble, trust me, they do. If this were to be released only having donators have access to it would be very dumb it needs to be a combination of the player community, not just a few "upper privileged" people.

I agree. If it becomes abused by non-donors then we can restrict it, but until that happens I don't see a reason to limit people
The following 1 user Likes Goigle's post:
  Wildclone

What I mean by donator is this. Donators can initiate the VoteKick. Everyone could vote obviously.
[Image: 0EiygsH.png]

(05-18-2017, 03:22 PM)Brock Wrote: What I mean by donator is this. Donators can initiate the VoteKick. Everyone could vote obviously.

I figured, my concern is if there are no donators on the server at one time then votekick isn't doing any good
The following 1 user Likes Goigle's post:
  Communist Doggo

I think normal people should be able to initiate it.
Bubbanator Te Kewlest of tem all. Cool "I like bubba's much better." - Goigle 2017.
[Image: xiVBACt.png]

Maybe normal members with a certain amount of playtime. Like 1-2 hours maybe?
[Image: 0xCgiNd.png][Image: 5573254287.png]